Delaware County’s annual free Safe Schools Summit on “Ensuring Appropriate Electronic Communications in & out of School” will be held on October 30th, 2015.
The Fall 2015 Safe Schools Summit will focus on ways school leaders can set, maintain and enforce appropriate electronic communication boundaries that protect both students and educators from harm. Experts from law enforcement, education, mental health and the District Attorney’s Special Victims Unit will be presenting information on how to keep your school community safe.
Scheduled Presentations include:
- The rise of inappropriate communication and physical relationships between students and school authorities
- Policies, standards, regulations and criminal laws regarding Codes of Conduct
- Understanding why this happens and how inappropriate relationships occur from a mental health perspective
- How schools and organizations are addressing the potential risks through prevention policies and monitoring
- What to do when improper student/teacher conduct is suspected and the tools available to authorities to investigate
The Safe Schools summit will be held on Friday, October 30th, 2015 and at the Drexelbrook Conference Facility. Drexelbrook is located at 4700 Drexelbrook Drive, Drexel Hill, PA 19026.
Please note that this year’s summit format has changed and we will begin with a Welcome at 9:00 a.m. followed by a complimentary networking full breakfast. During this time, we will also provide you with updates on other Safe Schools projects here in Delaware County.
Event check in begins at 8:30 a.m. with the conference running from 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m.
You may share this invitation with other school and public safety professionals but please note, the event is not open to the public.
Please register on-line at the link below to save your seat as space is limited.
Delco 2015 Safe Schools Registration Link:
For additional information, please contact Timothy Boyce at the Delaware County District Attorney’s Office at 484 614-6068.